Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wil Wheaton Quarterly Co #WIL01 Review


The Price: $100 + $8 Shipping (Quarterly)
The Goods:  Items curated by Wil Wheaton.  The May shipment will have an 80's theme!


Radio Free Burrito Poster:  I really like the design of this!  If I ever get around to hanging my vintage Woodstock posters, this will fit right in.  Wil plans to include 3 more RFB posters in upcoming boxes, so I look forward to seeing those as well.


littleBits Base Kit: ($99)  Okay, this is designed with kids in mind but J and I are basically 27/28 going on 9 so I have no doubt that we'll find something silly to build with this.


1970's C-3PO Figure: Considering the fact that he's nearly 40 years old, this figure is in great shape.  He's already on a shelf making friends with Joffrey and Groot.


1970's Trading Cards: I love these.  I'm not 100% sure what I'll do with them, but they're really cool.


It's hard to put a value on a box that consisted of mostly vintage items.  I think the curation was great, but I'm seriously debating whether or not I want to continue my subscription.  This box was advertised as "Shipping in February."  I wasn't even charged for it until the very last day of February - so obviously it was several days later before it actually shipped.  Generally this wouldn't bother me, but Quarterly has recently stopped accepting returns AND has started charging shipping.  Also, Quarterly never sent out any sort of update as to why the shipments were being delayed or when we could expect them.  For a $100 box - not including shipping - to not have reliable shipping times is pretty unacceptable to me.  That said...I adore Wil and the 80's are amazing so...I'm torn.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a pretty expensive box. My word!! too expensive for shipping issues!!

    ReplyDelete