Monday, March 9, 2015

#DearMe

Last week, tons of awesome women put out #DearMe videos in celebration of International Women's Day (which was yesterday.)  I love the whole concept.


I tried to flesh out my own over the weekend, but this is how far I managed to get:


As I sat, staring at my mostly blank page, I realized that I still struggle with a good amount of the problems I had as a teenager - they just present themselves in a slightly different manner now.  I am still self-conscious, shy, awkward, and fearful.  I have no more direction in my professional life now than I did when I was 16.  Who am I to give anyone advice on things I have yet to overcome?  So, my #DearMe is to myself now almost as much as it would have been to myself at 16.

This sums up my attitude as a teenager.
Dear Me,
You deserve happiness.
Be strong.
Be brave.
Blood doesn't dictate who is family.
Never confuse companionship with love.
Be nicer to yourself.
It will all be okay.
Love,
Katrina
PS - Fuck the bitches and the assholes.  They don't deserve you.

1 comment:

  1. Such powerful words. Honestly I think we can tell all our younger selves that ... ESPECIALLY the last one. Fuck them.

    ReplyDelete