Monday, March 16, 2015

SXSW (Or: Excuses Why I've Been MIA)

Man.  I was doing SO well with maintaining a blogging schedule until it all fell apart a couple weeks ago.  I got a new job that actually requires me to leave the house, so I'm using that as my main excuse on being lazy.
Anywho.

Over the weekend, J and I partook in a few SXSW activities.  A couple of years ago I volunteered and got a badge, but we don't really have the time for that currently so last year and this year we've just wandered around and done all of the free things.

At SXSW Gaming, we basically touched, ogled, and played all the things.  This eye-tracking thing actually changes the direction you look in the game, which was equally confusing and awesome.


I also found out that I don't really look that different as a Klingon - if you ignore the odd boob job, of course.


 The longest line we stood in was for SXSWesteros.  It wasn't as epic as last year's, but at least J finally got to take his place on the Iron Throne.


One of my favorite stops during SXSW is always Yappy Hour.  A local shelter sets up with adorable puppys that are up for adoption, so you can play with cute fuzzballs while drinking free drinks.  We somehow wound up in the line to see Tuna.


J arm-wrestled a very attractive dude dressed up as Goku.  (Also, I learned who Goku was.)  It was pretty hilarious - the guy let everyone win, but not without effort.  J's feet were basically off the ground, and you can see how much effort J's putting in vs how relaxed Goku is.


Oh, and, uh...I MET FELICIA Freakin' DAY.  Y'all.  I adore her.  Being the graceful creature that I am, I almost tripped over a cord and landed on top of her.  She was super kind and gorgeous and I want to be her best friend.  (Side note:  Does anyone else feel like a jerk asking people to take photos with you?  I guess they're probably used to it, but it makes me feel so uncomfortable and like such a bother.)


We also walked a billion steps a day and got a ton of free swag and did all the normal things.  We never get to do everything that we want to do but...Felicia Day.  'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. SxSW always looks like so much fun!! So glad you were able to go and get some swag! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry I sucked majorly at blogging this week because of work and school hence the late comments! Yappy hour sounds sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete