Thursday, August 15, 2013

(Un)fashionably (Un)fit

I'm a professional at making excuses.  I've all but abandoned running, and I "justified" it to myself with these reasons:

  • J's been working late, and running alone sucks.
  • I'm having a good hair day.  Who wants to ruin a good hair day with a sweaty ponytail? Exactly.
  • We have friends over.
  • It's too damn hot.  Seriously.  
  • If it's not hot, it's rainy.
Actually, I was totally motivated to pick up my Couch to 5k training again, but it's supposed to rain every night until Saturday.

The C25k app that I use is the Zombies, Run! one.  If you're looking for a running app, I 100% recommend Zombies, Run! (They have apps that allow you to free run, not just the C25k one.)

Here's the trailer for the regular Zombies, Run! game.


Basically, you're running to a story.  In the C25k app, you're training to become a "runner" who picks up supplies and such.  In the regular games, you're sent on missions to get supplies, rescue people, etc.  In both apps, you listen to your own music and they come in periodically with the story dialogue.

Zombies, Run! is literally THE thing that's made me not *hate* running.  And no, this isn't sponsored or anything.  I'm just obsessed with it.

So, how'd I do last week?


That's an average of 3,205 steps a day.  Which is way down from last week and makes me rather embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment