Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August Conscious Box


Conscious Box sends you healthy and eco-friendly products every month for $19.95 a month.  They offer a regular box, a vegan box, and a gluten-free box.  You can review the products you receive for points, which you can redeem for full size products.

They ship as a box-in-a-box via USPS.


Every box includes a post card.  This month's isn't my favorite, but it's still really pretty.


Lemi Shine Dish Detergent Additive: ($.87)  We have a water softener, so we don't get may hard water spots.  J still used this in a load of glassware and it came out looking much clearer.


Stash Lavender-Tulsi Tea: ($.23)  I'm still trying to convince myself to like hot tea.  It's just not happening.  I have several friends who like it, so I usually force them to drink a cup when they come over.


MRM Digest-All: ($.50)  These alleviate gas and bloating and help your body absorb nutrients.  I didn't realize that my body was bad at absorbing nutrients?


Barbara's Organic Snackimals: ($.62)  Barbara's cereals are my favorite.  Puffins? SO GOOD.  These are like cinnamon toast crunch, but way, way better.


Happy Tot Super Toddler Bars: ($2.80)  They're meant for toddlers, but my non-toddler friend tried one.  It looks like a rice krispie bar, but doesn't taste like one.  He said it doesn't taste bad, but it is very dry...so certainly something you'd want to give to your kid with some milk or juice or something.


MRM Veggie Protein: ($.66)  Protein powders are very intimidating to me, but I do like that this one is veggie protein.  Hopefully it isn't horrible tasting.


Country Choice Organic Oatmeal: ($.62)  It's been too hot for me to crave oatmeal, so I haven't tried this yet.  Cranberry apple just sounds like a perfect fall flavor.


Actz Avocado and Shea Body Butter:  This lotion is pretty awesome.  It feels super nice and soaks in well, leaving my hands feeling soft but not slimy.  It starts out smelling strongly like watermelon laffy taffy, but it dies down into a more subtle scent.  They also included a 50% off code: Cbox4life


Sneakz Organic Milkshake: ($2.08) I got one of these in June box, too.  It doesn't taste bad, but it's certainly not thick enough for it to qualify as a milkshake. I think I might try using this one in a smoothie.  


Healthy to Go Go Greens: ($1.17)  I was totally stoked about this.  Organic? Healthy?  Green apple flavor? Sounds AWESOME.  Then I drank it.  Not so much.  I tasted the green, but not the apple.  And it was gritty.  Not my thing.


Sleep Squares: ($1.67)  These raspberry chocolate chews are meant to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.  I think I've said before that sleep medications knock me on my butt, but I might try this the next time stress has me awake all night.


Allimax Capsules: ($2)  These capsules are Allicin, which is made from garlic.  It apparently has several health benefits, and can improve your body's natural defenses.


Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Jellies: ($1.18)  Even though these gummy vitamins are intended for kids, J took them.  He said they didn't taste horrible, but they were super slimy.



The total value comes to a bit under $15.  Not the highest value box, but Conscious Box is great for introducing you to new eco-friendly brands.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment