Monday, August 19, 2013

August Love With Food


Love With Food sends you 8+ gourmet food samples every month for $12 a month.  For every box purchased, they also donate a meal to a child in need.  You also earn points for reviewing the products you receive, which you can redeem for full size foods.


This month's box's theme was Backyard BBQ.


Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps: ($.78)  These really just taste like crunchy bits of nothing with a light green pea after taste.  The flavor itself isn't bad, it's just not something that I like with the texture.


Good Boy Organics BOPS: ($.93)  These had a really funky aftertaste.  They sort of taste like someone pressed instant potatoes into chip form.


Aunt Sally's Creamy Praline: ($2.33)  SO tasty.  This tastes just like good, homemade pecan pralines.  


El Pinto Medium Salsa: ($.99)  J actually ate this.  He said it's good salsa, but certainly not hot enough to qualify as "Medium."  


Sahale Snacks Crunchers: ($.98)  These are sliced almonds, sesame seeds and cranberries, all coated in honey.  They suggest using it as a topper, so I'll sprinkle them on the next bowl of oatmeal I have.


Save the Earth Mints: ($1)  I got the Thirst mints in June's Popsugar box.  I prefer those to these, but that's just because I like wintergreen.  These are good, potent little mints too.


Rip van Wafels Caramel Filled Amsterdam Wafel: ($1.25)   I actually ate this for breakfast with my coffee yesterday.  It was good, but not something I'd want regularly.


Dizzy Dust: ($1.10)  It smells like a slightly spicier version of Lawry's Seasoned Salt.  J's going to use it the next time he grills.


The total value of this month's box was $9.36.  I'm cancelling my Love With Food subscription, for now, so that I can try out something new for a while.  Now I just need to decide which one I'll go for next.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment