Friday, August 2, 2013

July Pretty Power Box


Pretty Power Box is a subscription box all about entrepreneurial women.  It contains a mix of tools for sucessful business women and products from indie companies run by women. 

The concept of this box was very exciting to me, but I was a little nervous since I haven't seen many reviews on it so far.

It came via USPS Priority and it came wrapped in plain brown paper.  


After tearing the brown paper off, I was happily greeted by this fabric covered box.  This is one sub-box box that I can certainly see myself reusing.


Three Pears Breeze Hand Scrub:  This scrub isn't listed in their etsy store at the moment, so I can't value it.  Even though the container was taped up and shipped in a ziplock, it still leaked out into the box.  The "Tangerine Splash" scent is subtle and pleasant. J used it on his hands after working on his car and while it didn't work as well at grease removal as Gojo, it still worked pretty well and left his hands softer.


Three Pears Breeze Bath Salts: Again, I don't see bath salts in their etsy store so I don't know a value.  These are the "Lavender Spa" scent but they don't really smell like much at all.  I like epsom salts even if they're unscented, though, so I'll still use them.


New Image Minerals Eyeshadows: ($3.50/ea) I adore loose powder shadows.  The bronze is absolutely lovely. (I've already worn it three times.)  The blue is a bit too much for me.  Actually, I think it's the same color as the first eyeshadow I ever bought.


Nutri-Grain Chocolatey Crunch: ($.40)  This is pretty much your standard chocolate chip crunchy granola bar with chocolate on the bottom.  Don't get me wrong, it's delicious, but nothing groundbreaking.


Mead Pocket Planner: ($4.99)  I use Google Calendar for everything, so I'll pass this on to someone who will use it.


Kimberleeann Kreation Cuff: ($15.99) When I pulled this out of the box, I was nervous because I have child-sized wrists and cuffs rarely ever fit me.  However, this one did!  It's a bit bigger than I'd prefer, but totally wearable - and totally cute.


R&R's Wrist Candy Beaded Cross Bracelet: ($8)  This bracelet is very on-trend, but not really my style, so I'll be passing it along to someone else as well.


Willow Tree Minerals Lip Shimmer: ($4.95/ea) I love that these are all natural.  The color of them is very nice and sheer, too.  I have a thing for lip products, so I was pretty much guaranteed to like these.


Pretty Power Box is $15 a month and even without knowing the prices of the Three Pears Breeze items, I got over $45 worth of stuff.  I really like that they showcase women-run indie brands that I wouldn't have come across otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment