Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August Ipsy My Glam Bag


Ipsy is a personalized beauty subscription that sends you 4-5 beauty products (full and sample sizes) every month for $10.  Shipping is included and it comes via USPS in a hot pink bubble mailer.


This month's theme is "Glamour Academy."  This is probably my least favorite bag so far.



Mica Beauty Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow: ($14.95) This color, 17 Bronze, is really pretty, soft and shimmery.  I know it's supposed to be an eyeshadow, but I might mix dabs of it in with my tinted moisturizer to make me look all glowy.


Pixi Lash Booster Mascara: ($7.29)  I've really liked the Pixi liner that I got in the Allure Fall Beauty Box, so I can't wait to see if this is awesome too.  I'm excited that it's waterproof, but I wish they'd sent the Blackest Blue instead of the Blackest Black.


Michael Todd Pumpkin Face Mask: ($10)  I have a ton of face masks, but I never think to use them.  I love pumpkin, so I'll use this one at least once, though.  It's supposed to unclog pores, dissolve impurities, and add brightness and radiance to your skin.


Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick: ($7.33)  Hmm..I don't know.  Urban Decay is my favorite cosmetics brand, but I'm not entirely in love with this lipstick.  It's a nice, flattering shade of red (the color is 69, btw)  and has good color payoff, but it will get all over your significant other/cups/straws/etc.  After leaving a good amount all over J's face, the color did still show up, though.  The consistency isn't as creamy as I would have expected, and it kind of pulled when applying.


Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: ($9)  I love, love, love smashbox primer.  It's my absolute favorite, and this small tube will be perfect for my purse.


The total value this month was just under $50 and I'm much happier this month than I was with last month's bag.  I know I'll actually use everything I got this month, which is great.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment