Friday, August 9, 2013

July Cult Cosmetics Blackbox


Cult Cosmetics' Blackbox is $19.99 + $5 shipping.  They send you 3 brand name nail polishes and a nail art tool every month.

This month they started including cards with examples of what you can do with the included tools.


Mash Marbleizing and Dotting Tools: ($4.99)  These five pens have tips on both ends in varying sizes.  I've always just used toothpicks for my marbles and dots, but I'm happy to have something that is reusable and sturdier.


OPI Silver Shatter:  ($8)  Eh. I'm over shatter nail polish.  I'll use black shatter very rarely, but other colors just aren't my thing.


Essie Rock the Boat: ($8) This is part of the Summer 2013 collection.  It's a really soft, shimmery blue.


Essie Madison Ave-hue: ($8) This is from the Spring 2013 collection.  It's a shimmery medium pink.  Not anything extremely unusual, but not an exact dupe of anything I already had.


When I first opened my box, I thought that they had sent me two of the same nail polishes as last month.  They're similar (especially the pinks) but not exact.  The first and third color are this month's and the second and fourth are last month's.


I'm kind of disappointed by the Blackbox subscription.  I thought that it would be awesome based on the nail art kits that Cult Cosmetics sells.  Even though I got my money's worth, none of the items this month really wowed me.  I'll give it another month and before I completely write it off and give another nail box a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment