Thursday, January 15, 2015

Not Another Reflections Post


By now, everyone and their grandmother has made a post on their blog reflecting on 2014.

Except me.

Here's why:

White chicken

Okay.  To clarify, I didn't get too caught up raising poultry to write a blog post.  The point I'm trying to make is that I'm chicken.  Some of the blogs that I enjoy reading the most are the ones whose writers are unabashedly honest about their lives.  I am so envious of that.  I had a decent number of post drafts that sit abandoned because I couldn't muster up the nerve to put myself out there.  Then, when the "2014 In Review" posts started becoming a trend, I wrote one.  And promptly deleted it.  
A lot of things happened last year - and most of it was...unpleasant.  Rereading what I wrote, I had thoughts of "Why am I telling strangers this?  Why would they care?  What if I get trolled?"  It was just too much vulnerability at once; my self doubt won in the end.  So, I have made a decision.

Eff last year.

Reflect on that, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment