Friday, January 30, 2015

30 before 30!

Since today is my 27th birthday, I thought it was time for me to make a 30 before 30 list.  Obviously these are just my personal goals and not a "You Must Do These Thirty Things Before You're Thirty" list for anyone else to follow.
  1. Achieve (and maintain) a single digit inbox.
  2. Start a long-term savings.  401ks and IRAs and retirement funds are so beyond me right now.
  3. Pay off my student loan.
  4. Go to San Diego Comic Con. Bonus points if I can manage to cosplay.
  5. Make 2 new recipes every week for a month.
  6. Buy a new(er) car.
  7. Get at least one stamp in my passport.  
  8. Finish writing a first draft of something.
  9. Buy new living room seating.
  10. Run a 5K.  Like, actually run it.  Putting in effort.  The whole thing.  (Have I mentioned I don't run?)
  11. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
  12. Take a dance class.  
  13. Audition for...something.
  14. Go to a ballet performance.
  15. Spend a weekend camping, unplugged.  Cameras are the only exception.
  16. Clean out the garage.
  17. Finish decorating at least one room in the house.  I mean, like, Pinterest-worthy decorating.
  18. Take an improv class.
  19. Do an ancestry DNA test.
  20. Attend a music festival.  Bonnaroo or Coachella preferred, but there a few runner up alternatives.
  21. Host a holiday and/or themed party.
  22. Write a business plan for a company I'd love to start.
  23. Visit more of the US. My end goal is to hit all 50 states, but I don't think I can reach that by 2018.
  24. Begin to re-learn how to play the guitar.
  25. Complete a 30 day cleaning challenge.
  26. Figure out/land a career. AKA Get some direction in my life.
  27. Develop a taste for hot tea.
  28. Become (at least) conversational in another language.
  29. Take a just-for-the-hell-of-it course.
  30. Complete a fitness challenge.  Be it yoga, C25k, or something else altogether.
I'm going to try to blog about my progress in the future and I've decided that for every goal I don't achieve, I'm going to donate $10 to charity.

4 comments:

  1. I like this list! I need to re-learn to play the piano! I was so good at it as a child and then I dont know what happened. Also I need to take a dance class as well. Great list girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      I'm not sure I ever qualified as "good" at playing the guitar but I took lessons for years before losing interest. Now that I'm older and can only remember two chords, I'm totally kicking myself for quitting!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm requesting to do #14 with you. Great list and great idea!

    ReplyDelete