Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015 Resolutions!


Despite the fact that my New Year's Eve was pretty lame - I was in bed before midnight - I've been fairly busy so far this year.  So busy, in fact, that I sort of forgot to make resolutions.  Better late than never, right?

  • Read 40 Books: Okay, sure, I didn't even hit my goal of 35 last year but I'm trying to push myself! 

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Katrina has read 1 book toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

  • Declutter, Part Two: Last year I got pretty into ebaying things.  I really want to continue that and hopefully will move on to the stuff that's in my garage before the summer makes it unbearably hot.  (I also will continue my Operation Empties efforts.)
  • 12 New Restaurants:  I seem to get stuck on going to the same restaurants again and again.  There have been a lot of local places on my "Want to Try" list for ages that we really need to give a go.  So, I'm going to go to at least one new (to me) place every month.
  • 12 Things Uniquely Austin:  This is technically J's resolution, but I figure most of his activities will include me so I'm counting it as my own.  We've lived in the Austin area for 4.5 years now and we just don't take advantage of all it has to offer.  Sadly, a lot of the Austin traditions are slowly going away (or morphing into something unrecognizable) so we want to do what we can, while we can.
  • Make Myself A Priority: I have a tendency to put my needs on the back burner when there is other stuff happening in my life.  It's unhealthy, so I'm making it a goal to go to the dentist, optometrist, doctor, and hairstylist each at least once this year.  Maybe a counselor if I can work it into my budget.  Yes, it seems silly that I feel like I have to make this a resolution and I'm not entirely proud of it.  I just need to get out of the habit of waiting to go until something is wrong. 
  • Blog Better:  My main goal is to inject more of myself into my blog.  In other words, I hope to make at least a few posts a month that *aren't* just about subscription boxes.  On a related note, I'm trying to get into the habit of making a post schedule. Plus, I really need to stop procrastinating on doing a redesign. 

Happy 2015! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment