Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Stitch Fix #2

Even though I wasn't crazy about anything in my first StitchFix, I decided to give it another shot.  

What is Stitch Fix?  Basically, you fill out a style profile and pay a $20 styling fee and they send you five items.  You keep and pay for (less the $20 styling fee) anything you like, and send back anything you don't.  This time I added my pinterest board to my profile, hoping that would give things more "me." You also have the ability to make special requests for each shipment, so I requested budget-friendly items appropriate for an outdoor rock concert.  
Bobi Kody 3/4 Sleeve Cowl Neck Cotton Top $48
I wanted so badly to like this shirt.  I really liked this color, and it was super comfy on, but this damned collar and I did not get along.  I probably should have videoed myself battling it.  Basically, it took ten minutes to make it look semi-okay...and then after I moved and shifted a bit, it was back looking wonky again.


Stella watched my fashion show with mild disinterest.  I give you this tiny dose of cute before the horror coming next.

Peppermint Rosy Printed Longsleeve Dress $58
No, I didn't beat up J's grandma and steal her muumuu.  I'm sure someone, somewhere, could make this look super awesome.  That isn't me.

Frenzii Alina Empire Waist Maxi Dress $98
Holy comfortable.  $98 is a good chunk of my monthly clothing budget and I just don't wear dresses THAT often, so I sent it back.  I regret it, sort of.  

Sweet Rain Landon Peplum Detailed Dress $58
I surprisingly really liked this, but I couldn't think of a single place I'd wear it.  It's too short to be business-wear and the material is too heavy for it to be good for casual gatherings.  If I had a more fancy social group, I'd have kept this. ;)

Marjorie Baer Pyramid and Circle Studs $28
I can't explain it, but I fell in love with these suckers.  They kind of make me think of thumb tacks.  I kept them. I've worn them constantly.

So...1 out of 5 was a keeper. I will say that this batch seemed a closer to my style than the last group, but seriously...who would wear any of this to an outdoor rock concert? I also find it interesting that my profile says I prefer wearing jeans versus dresses but half of what they've sent me has been dresses.

I'll give it one more go before writing them off completely.  Hopefully the third time is the charm.

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment