Saturday, June 1, 2013

NatureBox Summer Travel Box Review

With NatureBox, you get a box of 5 packages of healthy snacks every month for only $19.95

I've been wanting to give it a try for a while, but haven't managed to convince myself to sign up for a subscription.  I noticed that they had a limited-time "Summer Travel Box" for $24.95 and it didn't require a subscription, so I went ahead and ordered that.


It came in right before I had lunch, so I was really hungry and really excited to see what I got.


Salsa Spiced Nut Mix: I'm not crazy about nuts, but I will eat them from time to time. This trail mix, though? I could probably eat a pound of it in one sitting.  There's supposed to be 4 servings in this bag so I'm trying to pace myself on it.


Taj Mahal Snack Mix: This is your basic trail mix assortment with extra flair in the form of curry. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. (3 servings in this bag.)


Lemon Pucker Pistachios: I have somehow managed to make it through 25 years of life without ever having a piastachio.  After trying these, I feel like I've really been missing out.  They're slightly sweet and slightly tart and I am absolutely obsessed with them. (2 servings.)


BBQ Kettle Kernels: If you like CornNuts, you'll love these.  I don't.  It's not so much about the taste...they're just too darn crunchy.  That said, I think I'll put these out at our next game night and I'm sure they'll be devoured. (5 servings.)


Guacamole Bites: Huh. These are corn sticks with guac flavoring.  These are...I don't know.  They taste like crunchy guacamole.  They'd probably be good on taco salad, though. (5 servings)


Whole Wheat Raspberry Figgy Bars: Usually I hate anything raspberry, but these are absolutely amazing.  I'm sad that there are only 5 bars, but it's probably for the best.  Each bar is individually wrapped, too, so they're good for tossing in with your lunch.


Lemon Meringue Waffles: These little lemony crisps are deeeelish.  I really want to get some frozen yogurt and top it with these. My favorite thing about them?  The entire package is one serving. Yep.  120 calories in the entire bag.


So, that's 7 bags - 25 servings - for $25.  Even though there were a couple of things I wasn't crazy about, it's still an awesome value.  They've currently got a one-time Father's Day box of 7 snacks for $24.99, which I'm almost certainly going to order for my dad. 

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links.

2 comments:

  1. The guacamole bites look awesome. Now I'm craving guacamole dip.

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for good guac.

      I sprinkled a few on a grilled cheese(because I'm weird like that) and it was really quite tasty!

      Delete