Monday, June 17, 2013

June Love With Food Review

I received my first Love With Food box!  I actually had no idea this box was coming since I only just got my tracking information today but didn't actually track it before going to my mailbox.

For $10 a month, Love with Food sends you a box of gourmet food.  For every box they sell, they also donate a meal to someone in need.  This month, they donated to foodbanks in Oklahoma.

I was a little surprised at the size of the box (it's about the size of a hardback book) but it was packed full of goodies.  This month had the theme Summer Bash.



 Seaweed Love Roasted Seaweed: ($1.33) If you like seaweed, you'll like these but if you don't, you won't. I don't dislike them, but I couldn't eat the entire package in one sitting.


Turbana Plantain Chips: ($.79) These are 100% natural and supposed to be similar to banana chips.  Their website has a TON of interesting sounding flavors, so if I wind up liking these Sweet ones, I'll have to investigate some others.


Smooze! fruit ice:  ($.66) The best part of summer is snocones, slushies and popsicles - so I think these are awesome.  I got the coconut mango flavor but I'm going to pick up a box of the coconut pineapple next time I'm at Sprouts.  These are the perfect way to cool off on a hot Texas summer day.


Soy Joy Soy and Fruit Bar: ($1.19) At this point, if you've ever gotten ANY subscription box, you've probably gotten at least one Soyjoy.  They're not my favorite but it will probably get eaten.  This is the mango coconut flavor, and there were also coupons for buy 3, get one free and $1 off a 5-pack included.


Organic Flavrz Drink Mix: ($1.12)  This Citrus Hibiscus Immunity drink mix is supposed to make your water extra tasty plus build up your immune system naturally.  I'll probably try this over the weekend when I'm surrounded by people in town for the ROT rally.


Surf Sweets Fruity Bears: ($.32) Um, I'm in love.  No, seriously.  These aren't as chewy as your typical gummy bears but they are soft and juicy and delicious.  They're also gluten free and vegan.  And delicious.  Did I say that already?


Do More Bars: ($1.69) This is basically a rice krispie treat, all grown up.  This pineapple coconut ceral bar is gluten free, too.


Pur gum: ($1.42)  This gum is aspartame free, gluten free and vegan.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that while it tastes really good, the flavor lasts approximately 5 minutes.  And that's it.


GoOrganic Hard Candy: At first I thought the purple one was grape, but it's actually blood orange.  I tried the apple one and it was really tasty, but they're very hard hard-candies, so don't try to crunch them very early on.


Naked Wines $50 credit: Either I'm doing it wrong, or you have to order 12 bottles of wine at a minimum.  I'll probably pass this along to someone who's about to have a big party, because I have no need for that much.  If it were vodka on the other hand...



The grand total comes to a bit less than $9.  (I'm not including the Naked Wines gift card since, from what I can tell, you'd have to spend a lot to redeem it.) That's less than the cost of the box, but that doesn't take into consideration the cost of shipping - plus you're also providing a meal to someone in need.  Plus, similar to Birchbox, you can earn points for reviewing the items you received in your Love with Food box.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.  So, if you sign up, that's $1 for me to make my inner fat kid happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment