Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June Conscious Box Review

I tried Conscious Box a long time ago and cancelled it, but decided to give it another go when a deal popped up on Plum District.  Conscious Box sends you a collection of pure and sustainable products and samples every month for $19.95 and has a vegan option available.


Conscious Box sends a box in a box.  The inner box is very nice, but I do find it to be an odd choice for a company that sends eco-friendly products.


The box wasn't stuffed, but I was at first glance by the variety.


The info card and post card included are, as always, lovely.  I really need to figure out a creative way to use them.


Molly Muriel Volcanic Bliss Soap: (~$.60) You can smell the tea tree oil in this, but it isn't extremely strong.  I like it.  It's a really great unisex soap.


Molly Muriel Soft As Silk Shampoo Bar: (~$.60)  I adore shampoo bars!  I can't wait to use this.  It has a nice scent, even though it seems to have absorbed some of the tea tree smell too.  The use of the wrong "its" on the packaging is driving my grammar OCD nuts though.


Cloud Star Buddy Wash: ($.33)  Stella is not pleased that I have yet another to bathe her this week.


Son for men Soothe: (~$1.25)  J was just complaining about a couple razor bumps the other day.  I'll give it to him to try the next time he shaves.


Earth Friendly Products Hand Soap: ($.82)  This lemongrass soap smells good like whoa.  It lathers really nicely, too.  I'm surprised how inexpensive it is.


Skout Trailbar: ($2.49 each) Both the Cherry Vanilla and the Apple Cinnamon flavor sound delicious.  I'm a massive fan of trailbars and such, so I'm sure I'll love these.


 Organic Flavrz Drink Mix: ($4.50) I've tried the Boost flavor, and haven't decided if I like it or not.  It is better for me than Crystal Light and such, so maybe it will grow on me.


Smock Paper Thank You Card: ($5)  This picture doesn't accurately show how pretty this card is.  I've looked through their website, and all of their cards look nice.


Naked Wines $50 voucher: Again, I'll never use this.


Natural Vitality Natural Calm plus Calcium Drink Mix: ($.45)  This is supposed to relieve tension and help you relax.  I might try this next time I get buried under work.


Larabar Alt Bar: ($1.59) I adore Larabars.  Have you tried the Cherry Pie bar?  It's amazing.  This one was pretty tasty, too.  The Alt Bars have added protein but unlike other bars, they get their protein from peas.  I really want to try the Pumpkin Pie flavor, too.


Greek Island Labs Joint Mud: (~$3) This junk is expensive.  Luckily, I don't have much joint pain.  Yet.


Sneakz Organic Milkshake: ($2.08) This chocolate milkshake contains a full serving of vegetables.  It's obviously geared towards kids, but I'm really interested in seeing how well they managed to cover the taste of carrots, sweet potatoes, and broccoli.


Grand total: $25-ish.  It's not the highest value subscription box, but you do get money's worth.  I really like the wide variety of products they include.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment