Friday, June 28, 2013

June Goodies Co Review

Goodies Co. is a food subscription box owned by Walmart.  Every month, you get 5-8 new snacks.  The best part? It's only $7.

I'll readily admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Walmart.  Give me Target or give me death.  But, my obsession with subscription boxes and the low price point won out the argument.


For some reason, fancy packaging always impresses me, so I love that they have branded tissue paper.  I don't know why it matters, I wind up recycling all of it anyway.


Lay's Stax: ($1.18) This Adobadas flavor is supposed to be a Taster's Box exclusive, but I swear I've seen them in stores.  I love them.  They taste like Mexican food. (You know...tomato, cumin, jalapeno, etc.)  They'd be SO good with queso. 


Dream Water: ($2.49) This little shot is supposed to help you relax and fall asleep.  I took half a dose of an over the counter sleep aid once and slept for 13 hours.  I'm a little nervous to drink this.


Gimme Roasted Seaweed Crumbles: ($1.92)  Blechh.  These are crispy little bits of seaweed drowning in Honey Dijon flavor.  If you like mustard, give these a shot.  I don't, so they're not for me.


Duchy Originals Highland Shortbread Biscuits: ($.99)  Shortbread cookies all taste the same to me.  There, I said it.  Chocolate chip cookies? Oh, I'm a snob.  Oatmeal raisin? Don't go there.  But if I've tasted one butter shortbread cookie, I've tasted them all.  Don't get me wrong, these were good.  Good enough for me to eat them both as a dessert to my breakfast (don't judge) but they weren't extremely unique. 


Pastitas Pasta Chips: ($1.50) These look like little churros, but they're much crunchier and less melt-in-your-mouth-y.  They taste like giant al dente pasta pieces rolled in some garlic salt with a hint of parmesan.  The seasoning is good, but the chip itself leaves sort of a funky after taste.


Pringles Stix: (~$2.89?)  I can't find these anywhere, so that's just a SWAG at the price.  These are my favorite of the box.  They're fun to nibble on and they taste similar to the sticks you get in the little snack packs with the super-ultra-processed cheese.  These already have the cheese on them, though, so it isn't as obvious how horrible they are for you.


The total value of this stuff is around $11.  I wouldn't have bought any of these things in the grocery store for myself, so this was $7 well spent in my book.  Goodies Co also has a points-for-reviews system similar to Love With Food and Birchbox.


 Goodies Co is currently in beta but if you want to join, use the code SKIPTHELINE6 to avoid getting wait listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment