Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June LootCrate Review

J's June LootCrate came! It was originally supposed to be his last one before I switch him to some random other box for a few months, but this one was so awesome that I may just splurge on him and keep it going for a bit.


As usual, J was totally stoked for me to take pictures of his fun new toys, as you can tell.


This month's theme was "Mashup."


BIC Tech Stylus 2 in 1 Pen: ($5.99)  On one end, you have a ballpoint pen.  On the other, you have a stylus.  J pulled this out and declared "I need my own tablet now!" with a grin.  Because, you know, all it took was a $6 pen to justify that. ;)


8-Bit Sunglasses: ($7.99)  As I have probably mentioned before, J has a thing for funky sunglasses.  Obviously, these are perfect for him.  I'd probably buy myself a pair if I could find them in purple.


And here's J, modeling the glasses and the next item.  He looks like he produces dubstep or something.


Dead Pool-Aid T-Shirt: ($15) Before they shipped, LootCrate sent out emails asking for subscribers' shirt sizes, so I knew that he'd be getting a tee.  How awesome is this shirt?  I'm not much into comic books, but I still love this.  I might 'borrow' it from him.


Loot Crate Bot Sticker: (~$2)  This sticker was designed for LootCrate by Danger Brain.  


Help a Brother Out Sticker: ($2.40)  Okay, this is f-ing awesome.  I clicked around Harebrained's store and, let me just say, I know where J's going to get a few Christmas presents from this year.


Loot Crate Wall Tangrams: (~$3)  These are stickers that you can arrange, remove, and repeat on your walls.  I kind of want to buy a few and use them as some sort of border around a room.


Warheads: (~$.25) If you don't know what Warheads are, you must not have had a childhood.  Everyone was obsessed with these candies when I was younger.  I remember competing to see who could eat the most black cherry ones without making a face.  Anywho, we got two of them - apple and blue raspberry - but J ate the blue one before I snapped photos.


I DID manage to get a photo of J while he was eating his, though.


 Stan Lee's Comikaze Golden Ticket: This is basically a mystery coupon.  It could be good for anything from a free 3 day pass to Comikaze to a 20% discount off a 1 day pass.  I doubt we'd use it even if ours was a free 3 day pass, but who knows.


 The grand total value of this box comes to around $36, not including the Comikaze value.  LootCrate costs $13.37 plus shipping, so this month was a great value.


 Personally, I think this is the best one we've gotten.  J will actually find a use for everything he got this month.  Hopefully, if we decide to stick with it, it will continue to be this rad.

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment