Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Confessional


I would make a terrible spy.

Not for reasons you think, though.  I'm quite good at manipulating people (which I usually use for good and not evil, so hush) and I'm a pretty awesome liar.  (The lying thing I don't always use for good.  Because - No, officer.  I didn't see that speed limit sign.)

The real problem is that I can't keep secrets I *HAVE* to keep.  I mean, sure, if my friend comes up and says "Don't tell anyone I said this but..." then those words will go with me to my grave.  Usually because whatever follows that is really not that interesting, but even still.  I have kept many a pregnancy/affair/eloping under wraps too.

The very second you make me sign an NDA?  Oh man, I want to tell EVERYONE IN THE WORLD.  It doesn't matter what I'm signing an NDA for.  I had to sign an NDA for something work related that was totally boring and nobody would care about, ever.  For some reason, though, I wanted to post/tweet/gossip about it everywhere.

Now that I think about it, maybe my problem is less that I'd make a terrible spy.  Maybe it's something else.

I hate being told what to do.

Yeah, that sounds more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment