Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Ipsy MyGlam Bag



For $10 a month, Ipsy sends you 5 beauty products selected for you based on your personal preferences.  You also get a makeup bag every month.

I was really surprised to find my package in the mailbox yesterday.  The tracking still says it's in Georgia.  What are you thinking, DHL?


In addition to the glam bag this month, Ipsy also included a sample of em Cosmetic's Life Palette.


This month's theme is Classic Beauty.


NYX Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Hollywood: ($4.50)  I usually adore NYX products, but I was pretty disappointed by this.  It has very little color payoff.  It adds a tiny bit of silver shimmer, but it's almost unnoticeable.


Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil: ($18)  This pencil is a hint darker than my skin tone, so it doesn't work as a true highlighter.  I might be able to find some use for it, though.


Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara: ($8)  Elizabeth Mott is actually a beauty brand I haven't heard much about.  It's a cruelty-free line, though, so I'm stoked to try it.


Starlooks Kohl Eyeliner in Obsidian: ($12) I have a bazillion black eye pencils, but it's something that I use regularly, so I'll use this one eventually.


Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple: ($12)  I was most excited to try this because I'm addicted to Cailyn gel eyeliner.  This feels a lot more like a lipstick than a lip balm.  It is a bit dry, but has good color payoff and staying power.


 The total value of this bag was over $50, but it's certainly not my favorite bag ever.  Even so, just the lip product made this month totally worth it for me.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment