Monday, September 9, 2013

Naturebox September Review


Naturebox sends you 5 packages of snacks for $19.95.  All snacks have no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, no trans fats, and no artificial colors, sweeteners or flavors. They also have several snacks that are GMO-free or Vegan.

This month's box was "Autumn Eats and Treats."


All of the snacks this month had this note on the bag, which I'd never seen before.  I know that they've been working on customizing boxes, so I'm excited to see this.


Chia Seed Crackers:  You know those sesame seed cracker things that are usually in trail mix?  That's what these taste like.  They're delicious on their own, but they also suggest eating them with hummus.


Smoky BBQ Peas: I pulled these out of the box and immediately scrunched my nose up in disgust.  I forced myself to be brave and give one a go, though.  I was EXTREMELY surprised to find out that they don't taste like peas much at all.  They have a great crunch and barbecue flavor and are super tasty.  That's what I get for judging a snack before tasting it.


Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Pumpkin Seeds: I'm not a tremendous fan of pumpkin seeds to begin with.  These are all clumped together and have a slightly sweet flavor.  I think J will like them.


Cranberry Macaroon Granola:  This is a super yummy, crunchy coconut-y granola with cranberries.  The bag suggests using it as a topping for an apple crisp, but I don't think I'll manage to keep it long enough to get a crisp made.


Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops:  Holy moly.  I can't even explain how good these are.  They're pretzel puffs with a sweet, caramel-y coating.  I ate one and immediately did the math to figure out how horrible it would be if I ate the whole bag at once.  SO GOOD.


This is absolutely the best box I've gotten from Naturebox so far.  We'll gladly eat everything we received.  The only way I'd be happier is if they sent me a crate of the pretzel pops.

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment