Monday, September 2, 2013

August Bonjour Jolie Review


Bonjour Jolie is a Time-of-the-Month box that sends you your monthly feminine supplies plus extras to pamper yourself and make your period a little less horrible.  It's $16 a month plus shipping and they also offer a Teen box.  Their customer service is AMAZING, too.  Any time I have emailed them, I've gotten a response within hours.

August's theme was "Honoring the Feminine." All of the items (aside from the feminine care products) are from women-owned businesses.


Feminine Supplies:  (~$6.94)  You can choose whether you want pads, liners, pads or some combination of those three. Plus, you get to choose what brands you prefer.  If you decide you want to change your selection, just email them and they'll make sure you get what you want in your next box.


Advil: ($.50)  When you sign up, you choose whether or not you want Advil in your box. 


Scensibles Bag: ($.50) First of all, this blurry photo is annoying me - but not quite enough to go retake it.  This is one of those products I never would have thought of, but it makes sense.  They're little lightly scented bags for you to use to dispose of your feminine care products. 


Happy Hands Hand Cream: ($.99)  This is a really nice hand cream that soaks in well and doesn't feel super greasy.  The cinnabun scent makes me wish cooler weather would just hurry up and get here, though.


Barefoot Apothecary Bath Salts: ($1.09) I haven't used these yet, but I adore bath salts, so I'll use these the next day I have time for a soak.


Beazers Garden Sugar Body Scrub: ($1.75) It seems like it's impossible for a scrub to make its way to me without leaking everywhere. It smells nice though!


Scaredy Cat Mineral Eyeshadow: ($1) This color, Love Stinks, is a really pretty, soft, frosty, pale pink.  I'm impressed by how pigmented it is and LOVE that their products are cruelty free. 


Just Add Honey Teas: (~$3.50)  Chocolate Delight? Georgia Peaches? Hey, these might be teas that I actually like!  I really like that they have caffeine labels and steep times on each label - perfect for a tea noob like me.


Leccare Lollipops: ($2) Ohmygod.  This peach cobbler lollipop is SO good.  It tastes just like peaches and cinnamon and nutmeg and the only thing that's missing is ice cream.  Now I feel the need to make cobbler.  Oh, and I'm sure the apples & honey will be good too. ;)


Silver and Stone Bracelet: ($14) This green and silver bracelet is imported from Peru, where it was made by local women.  It's not my style, but it is pretty and well made


To be honest, I tend to forget that Bonjour Jolie is a TOM box and not just a women's box.  The variety of things they send is awesome.  Having my supplies delivered is just an added bonus for a hermit like myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment