Monday, December 29, 2014

December Golden Tote Surprise Tote Review


The Box: Golden Tote
The Price: $49-$149 + tax and shipping
The Goods: You select items from the curated boutique (1 for $49, 2 for $149) and then they choose surprise items to send you (1-2 for $49, 4-6 for $149) OR you can purchase a tote of 4-5 surprise items for $99. 

I ordered on Cyber Monday, so my surprise tote had an extra item in it.


Before we get started, a word of warning: it's been extremely gloomy here the past week so natural light was nowhere to be seen.  I should have taken a picture of the lamp set up I made in the game room for these photos.  (If any of you know Santa, I'll take a softbox lighting kit.  Thanks.)

Kate Collections Sweater:  Yeah...no.  It's comfortable and all, but I'm not feeling it.  I'm sure that it's adorable on the right girl


J threatened to steal it as his Christmas sweater but I managed to talk him out of it. (Thankfully.)


RolyPoly Henley: I was super excited when I pulled this out of my bag.  Once I put it on...eh.  It's bit tight.  If they'd sized up on this one, it would have been a win.


Fantastic Fawn Cowl Neck Dress/Tunic/Thing:  I requested no dresses, but this is totally long enough to qualify as one on me.  I really want to like it because it's absurdly soft and comfortable.


However...I'm not sure it's that flattering on me.  It might be better belted but I always feel silly anytime I try to belt a dress/top/whatever.


Miss Love Lace Top:  I have a sweatshirt with a lace inset that I wear the hell out of and this is basically just a dressed up version of that.  This is the piece I'll probably wear the most.  


 Peppermint Lace Skirt:  As soon as he saw this outfit, J immediately made a "secretary" comment.  I definitely see what he meant, but I like it anyway.


I swear my face isn't actually orange.  I need better lights.
 Here's a slightly better photo of the lace:


I paid $106.95, which breaks down to a bit over $21 per item.  I'll probably wind up only keeping the skirt and the lace top and then trading the rest.  It's a good deal, but I'm starting to think that I'm just too picky for Golden Tote.  I might just stick to buying items out of the trade group. ;)

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral linnk.

No comments:

Post a Comment