Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September Popsugar Must Have Review


The Cost: $39.95/month
The Goods: Hand-picked food, fashion, beauty, home, and/or fitness items.


Nicole Miller Round Interlock Earbuds: ($20)  J is a huge sound snob and he turned his nose up at these as soon as he saw the specs on the back.  They aren't the most comfortable and sound quality isn't too amazing, but they'll do in a pinch.  I do like the fact that they have a mic, though.


Ghirardelli Minis - Milk Chocolate Sea Salt & Almond: ($5.95)  I'm pretty much a fan of anything salt + chocolate.  I'm surprised they sent chocolate when it's still pretty hot in a lot of places in the US.  Fortunately, mine only got slightly melted - certainly not to the point they're uneatable.  (As though there is such a thing...)


Oribe Mini Superfine Hair Spray: ($21.50)  Based on the frequency that subscription boxes send out hair spray, I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't use it regularly.  I think a single bottle this size would easily last me years.


Tilo Gradation Scarf - Raisin: ($125)  Man.  Never would I pay $100+ for a scarf.  Admittedly, though, I think I have a grand total of one scarf that wasn't either handmade or from a mystery/subscription box.  This one is really soft and a great size that makes it easy to wear a billion different ways.


Rifle Paper Assorted Girls Card Set: ($18)  I do send snail mail on occasion, but it's usually thank you or birthday cards.  These are blank on the inside but still not quite my style so they'll be swapped.


Letter C Gold Arrow Pencils: ($4.67)  The only time I use pencils is if I'm drawing - which is a very, very rare occurrence.  J has a knack for losing writing utensils, though, so he'll probably wind up getting these.


Urban Remedy Almond Brownie: ($6.99)  I'm not 100% sure whether or not this is a full sized bar.  I didn't think it was awful, but I wouldn't order more of them.  It also came with a coupon for $10 off $50.


Nike Gift Card: ($20)  I am super smart and only took a picture of the packaging.  Included was a $20 gift code, a code for free two day shipping.  They also included a measuring tape to help fit yourself for one of their sports bras.  I'm not entirely sure what I'll spend this on, but I LOVE the fact that it doesn't have a minimum order attached to it.



Total Value: $222.11

This is actually the highest valued box I've gotten from Popsugar.  I'm not a scarf-crazy girl so I'm not completely blow away by this month since that was over half of the value.  That said, I know better than to complain about it because I've worn the last scarf they sent a LOT more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment