Monday, September 22, 2014

September Golden Tote Large Tote Review


The Box: Golden Tote
The Price: $49 or $149 + tax and shipping
The Goods: You select items from the curated boutique (1 for $49, 2 for $149) and then they choose surprise items to send you (1-2 for $49, 4-6 for $149.)


Lulumari Favorite Cozy Sweater: ($45)  This was one of my picks for the month and is actually the whole reason I got a September tote.  It's "One Size Fits All," which means it's huge on me - but I absolutely adore it.  (I don't think J's much of a fan, though...)


I mean, seriously, is this not destined to be worn to drink hot cocoa and read a good book?


Renee C Patterned V Neck Blouse: ($43)  I chose this thinking that it would be good to wear whenever I have to actually wear business-y clothes.  The V-neck is a lot lower than I was anticipating, but I should be able to get by with a cami under it.


Le Lis Quilted Sweatshirt: I'm super on the fence about this one.  I want to like it, but the sleeves are just a liiiittle shorter than I'd like.  It's not super obvious in this picture, but they hit at the top of my wrist bone.  My first thought was that I might be able to swap for a medium and just wear it slouchier...but GT actually sized up and this *is* a medium!


Jolie Striped Dolman Sweater: Man, I tried really hard to talk myself into this.  I love the cut and fit of it and it's super comfortable.  However...I'm not super into stripes and these colors aren't really my thing.


Ellison Gray Collared Top: I usually hate collared tops but I actually adore this one!  It's so soft and comfortable.  I do have an issue with gaping between the buttons (which is odd since I have no chest) but I think I can just do a couple small tacks and fix that.  The sleeves have tabs on them so that you can wear them rolled up, too.


Priddy by Puella Pants: I'm sure these would be adorable on someone else, but they're not my cup of tea.  They fit me like leggings around my calves and hammer pants from the knee up.  I'm not really fond of where they hit my ankles, either.


 As I was taking pictures of my stuff, J commented that I forgot to photograph the cutest thing in my Golden Tote box...Stella!


I paid a total of $157, which breaks down to a little over $26 an item.  I had three items that were definite wins, two that were definite no's, and one...I'm not sure about.  Hopefully I will be able to post my no-go's up for swap and get something I like!

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment