Monday, September 29, 2014

September Loot Crate Review - Galactic


The Box: Loot Crate
The Price: $13.37 plus shipping
The Goods: 6-8 items perfect for a geek or gamer with a total value of $40+.


Loot Crate is apparently making custom crate boxes a regular thing now.  


Pop Rocks: ($.73)  I think the last time either of us had Pop Rocks was at the Rock Jocks showing J and I went to over a year ago.  It seems appropriate, since it was space themed as well.  (It's also a hilarious movie and I highly recommend it.)


 Star Wars Retro Magnet: I think for Christmas, I'm going to make J some sort of cool way to display all the rad magnets he's gotten from Loot Crate.  Our fridge just isn't big enough!


Han Solo Poster: This is a really cool poster, but I'm mildly annoyed that they folded it.  The last posters they sent were rolled and they came out of the box looking much nicer.



Firefly Bank Heist Money: ($5?)  The pack they sell also includes a glossy map, so I'm estimating the price for these.  J claims he's seen Firefly, but he remembers nothing about it.  I like it, but I'm no superfan.  The currency is a cool novelty item, but we'll probably try to swap these.


Halo Escalation Comics #1-3: ($1.99 each)  I don't think J has used any of the digital items he's ever gotten from Loot Crate.  He does have a friend who loves comics, though, so this might go to him.


Alien Reaction Figure - Dallas: ($9.99)  I've never actually seen Alien.  J has seen it, but he didn't seem super excited about this figure.  This will wind up in the swap pile too.


Funko Science Fiction Mini: ($5.35)  Even though the box calls this a Mystery Mini, everyone got a Mal (from Firefly) figure.  Though there is a Mal that comes in regular mystery mini boxes, this Loot Crate exclusive version has him holding a shotgun.


Star Trek Tribble: ($9.99)  This is already Stella's favorite new toy.  I don't know that we actually *meant* for it to become hers, but we have a hard time saying no to her.  Our furbaby is spoiled.


Total Value: $37.03+

J and I are probably in the minority in this, but we both agreed that this was one of our least favorite Loot Crates. There wasn't any one item that J was super thrilled with.  I think if this month had included maybe one more item, it'd have been more impressive.  October's theme is going to be "FEAR" and will include a tshirt, so I have high hopes for it!

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment