Friday, September 5, 2014

Fashionable Friday Random Review - JustFab Robbie Boots



The Subscription: JustFab
The Cost: $39.95 and up
The Goods: Shoes, pants and accessories.  Charges are recurring for one piece each month but you can skip.


I joined JustFab a couple years ago when they carried Iron Fist shoes, but have never actually ordered anything of their own brand.  They had a promotion a couple weeks ago where select styles were free - you just had to pay shipping and handling.  Um.  Hello?!  Free shoes?  I'm in.


Since the last thing I would need is more heels, I opted for the "Robbie" boot.  I tend to gravitate towards black, so I didn't own any brown boots and I really liked the engineer style of these.  These are all man-made materials, though JustFab does carry leather and suede shoes as well.


I haven't put them through a full day of wear, but they weren't uncomfortable while I was walking around the house in them.  They don't have a super cushy sole or much support, though, so I wouldn't wear them for anything that required me to be on my feet all day.  The quality seems decent - I'd put it on par with shoes from Target or Kohl's.  The pair I received had some random black smears on them, but I was able to clean them at least to the point where they're not distracting.
One thing I really like about them is the size of the boot shaft.  I have chicken legs so usually structured boots look huge on me, but these fit me really well.  (However, I can see how they'd be problematic if you had more shapely calves.)


I had some points in my account from previous orders, so I opted for a bottle of their PaintFab nail polish in Trays of Truffles.  The color isn't incredibly unique, but the application was smooth and I got good coverage with one coat.  This is two coats, with no top coat.


My order also came with a free sample of Garnier Clean Blackhead Clearing Scrub.


 Would I have spent $40 on these boots?  Probably not.  Am I happy with them for the $5 I actually spent?  Hells yes!  The promotion I used is over, but they seem to have BOGO sales fairly regularly, so if you find a pair you like, just check back on them every once in a while!

Disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment