Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello? Is this thing on?

Oh!  Hey!

I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a bit.  Here's the sparknotes of what's happened and where I've been:

I started a different job.  One that is a lot more exhausting than my previous one.  So...yep.  That's mostly where I've been.  I'm back full time at the Harley dealership that I worked at when I first moved to the Austin area, but this time I'm in a management role and not sales.  It's been a learning experience to say the least.

J and I split up.  It wasn't a negative, all out, blow-up kind of break up.  It just wasn't really working any more, so we're moving on with our lives separately.  It's also the first time I've ever really been independent as an adult.  I had my own apartment in college, but that was paid for through grants and loans and scholarships so I don't really count it.  It's actually been kind of nice living alone again for a little while.

I've regained an interest in getting my motorcycle license.  My dad offered to try to teach me how to ride.  However...my first attempt ended in me panicking, meeting a ditch on the side of the road, dropping my bike, and spraining my ankle.  Um...it's part of the learning curve, right?

Anyway.  The short of it is that I've spent the past 8 months or so trying to learn how to take control of my own happiness.  I'm still a work in progress, but I've come a long way.

I have missed blogging, so I'm going to try to get back into it.  I'm not as into subscriptions as I once was so...who knows if I'll still have anything to say. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment